[gNewSense-users] donations

From: Peter Rock
Subject: [gNewSense-users] donations
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 16:46:54 +0800

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 10:34:57 -0700 (PDT)
> From: "Jason Self" <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Flattr
> To: address@hidden
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> It's not currently possible to make financial contributions to gNewSense.
> Hopefully it will be possible in the future. If you'd like to donate your
> time &
> effort, there is information at [1]. No programming experience is required. :)
>
> [1] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/HowToHelp
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 15:43:47 -0400
> From: Delyan Raychev <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Flattr
> To: Jason Self <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Peter,
>
> A donation to the FSF (https://my.fsf.org/donate/directed-donations/)
> would be appropriate (in my opinion) if you like this project and support
> what gNewSense and the FSF stand for!
>
> Del
>

> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 22:07:05 +0100
> From: Paul O'Malley <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Flattr
> To: address@hidden
>
> I concur, the hardware and system administration cost money that is
> donations hard earned by members and associate members of the FSF.
>
> This also supports other projects that are important to the ability of
> at least some of this planets Software to be Free as in Freedom.
>
> P.

I certainly agree with the above feedback. I'm already an FSF member.
I was suggesting Flattr for two reasons:

1. Other ways to accept monetary appreciation can't hurt.
2. This would help Flattr grow. I would think folks involved with
either the gNS or Flattr projects are folks that share similar values.

Anyway, I hope gNS considers getting a Flattr button on its main page
sometime in the future.