Re: [gNewSense-users] Collaborative mapping effort - openstreetmap - oth

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Collaborative mapping effort - openstreetmap - other efforts?
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 09:40:27 +1030

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 20:42:01 +0300
Niklas Cholmkvist <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,

> Even if there is anyone who has been involved but left for some
> reason I would even be glad to hear reasons.

I no longer actively upload to OSM, but I do keep collecting trails
when i go new places.
I stopped because the editors fell into these categories:
 - overly complex
 - used proprietary software
 - had crap usability
 - a combination of above.

None seemed to easily/obviously let me do the things i wanted to do:
 - bulk upload trails, then
 - enter in the street data, then
 - enter in the street names

That was probably 12 months ago now, so I'll be interested to see if
there are nice new ways to do things :)
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)