[gNewSense-users] The Lemote Fuloong/Lynloong

From: Cato Auestad
Subject: [gNewSense-users] The Lemote Fuloong/Lynloong
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 12:21:26 +0100

Hi,

I am the proud owner of a Lemote Yeeloong which I recently got up and running with the gNS GNU/Linux operating system,
after reading Graziano's recommendation on his blog.

Now, however, I am considering purchasing either a Fuloong or Lynloong to use as my primary computer (the netbook is a bit
hard to use as a primary because of the screen size etc.) I see on the specifications page[1][2] that the Fuloong and Lynloong
is using the XGI V2 graphics card, and after reading on the LibrePlanet wiki[3] I see that the VGA BIOS isn't free.
Now, I am not completely sure what the VGA BIOS is, but as far as I've been able to google I see that the overmentioned graphics
card has bad support in GNU/Linux[4].

My question is basically:
If I purchase the Lynloong or the Fuloong, will I have any problems with the graphics card in gNewSense or must I bow to
proprietary drivers? If that is case, that I must use proprietary drivers, I just might as well build a x86 computer where I can buy
a graphics card with support for GNU/Linux

Best regards,
Cato Auestad

[1] http://www.lemote.com/en/products/mini-computer/2010/0310/111.html
[2] http://www.lemote.com/en/products/all-in-one/2010/0311/122.html