Re: [gNewSense-users] network connection

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] network connection
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 19:53:36 +1030

On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 09:22:56 +0100
Graziano <address@hidden> wrote:

> Il giorno sab, 06/03/2010 alle 21.01 -0800, Jason Self ha scritto:
> > On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 5:38 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Wrt my problem, I gather that I should buy another ethernet card
> >
> > Not necessarily. What I gathered from Graziano's message is that it
> > should work if you get a newer kernel.
>

> Deblobbed tg3 is present and functioning in linux libre 2.6.30.7 for
> example:
>
> www.aligunduz.org/gNewSense
>
> I don't know since which version it is included.

in gNS? we only include linux-libre on mipsel at the moment (later
we'll add it for ia32/amd64).

> So if you download that version, that afaik is the linux libre
> compiled most up to date version, you will be fine.

for clarity (although i suspect you are saying this) - linux-libre
itself has newer releases, but none of them have handy packages to
download+install[1].

[1] lxo is looking at fixing this, fwiw.

Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au