Re: [gNewSense-users] in10did 10 key keyboard

From: Leo Rockway
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] in10did 10 key keyboard
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:42:09 -0300

On Thursday 04 March 2010 12:52:51 Quiliro Ordóñez wrote:
> I don't think this will change the course of use of unessential gadgets but
> I think it will really alleviate my wrist pain. ;-) Might as well try it.
> If it doesn't work, probably can return to my old qwerty.

I thnk what you probably want is Colemak [0] or Dvorak. I use Colemak and I'm
extremely happy with it. Also, Colemak is in the public domain and it comes
included in any GNU/Linux distro nowadays. The site says it's good for
English, but I use it in Spanish too and it's great.

[0] Colemak is a modern alternative to the QWERTY and Dvorak layouts. It is
designed for efficient and ergonomic touch typing in English. (from
http://colemak.com)

--
RMS GNU/Linux-libre
http://rmsgnulinux.org