[gNewSense-users] Re: Yacy, Tor and Freenet in gNewSense-mipsel

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: Yacy, Tor and Freenet in gNewSense-mipsel
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 04:24:41 -0500

davide89v wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the help, I choose a BeagleBoard.
>
> 3d is non free but for a server that run tor, yacy and freenet 3d is
> not necessary.

Yeah, beagleboard also has nonfree PowerVR 3d crap, integrated into the
system-on-a-chip so not physically removable or disable-able.

Other low-cost low-energy-use computers to consider:

Artec Thincan:
http://www.artecgroup.com/thincan

Lemote Fuloong:
http://aligunduz.org/articles/lemote-unbox.html
(I'm actually selling these - see previous thread about the group buy -
 but if you are in europe or need it sooner,
http://www.tekmote.nl/epages/61504599.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61504599/Products/CFL-006
)

Cheers,
--