Re: [gNewSense-users] Yacy, Tor and Freenet in gNewSense-mipsel

From: Freemor
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Yacy, Tor and Freenet in gNewSense-mipsel
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:10:36 -0400

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 07:51:45 -0800
Jason Self <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 7:35 AM, davide89v <address@hidden>
> wrote:
> > This 3 packages: yacy http://yacy.net/ tor
> > http://www.torproject.org/ and freenet http://freenetproject.org/
> > will be available in gNewSense-mipsel?
>
> I think that tor might already be available. Are you offering to
> package & maintain the others?

Speaking of this.. (maintaining packages for gNewSense) I'd love to
maintain a package.... If:

1.) There is a clear guide some place on how to do it correctly
2.) There is a mentor that I can e-mail If I get totally stuck
3.) The package is not being developed at a rate that would require me
to repackage it every week (my life sometimes gets busy).

Now so that people answering know a bit about me. I understand and have
skill with compiling from source. I'm have a good technical background
and can solve most problems myself (my main reason for wanting a guide
is to be sure that I don't miss any of the finer nuances required for a
package meant for the masses.)

If things  go well with me taking on a package perhaps gNS should
consider an "adopt a package" program where people can become
maintainers for packages that either need tweaking for gNS (say to
ensure freedom) or are in demand but not in the repository.

Regards,
Freemor

--
address@hidden