Re: [gNewSense-users] suggestion to include pppoe and console-cyrillic i

From: Vladimir B. Tsarkov
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] suggestion to include pppoe and console-cyrillic into basic iso
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 13:24:40 +0300

> Please file a bug for both of these:
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=gnewsense

Done.

> Not sure about this, I'd have to take a look.
> kk

For example:
A user presses Ctrl+Alt+F2. He is in the tty2 console.
The locale is ru_RU.UTF-8: so, apt-get uses russian language;
mc also has russian language interface. But instead of russian letters,
a user sees only blank squares.

I did not find any other way to make things work then installing
console-cyrillic and running /usr/bin/cyr -e utf-8.

Good luck!
Vladimir