Re: [gNewSense-users] free video cards

From: Plamen Stoev
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] free video cards
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 07:50:43 +0200

As far as I know, there is no 2d or 3d support with linux-libre, due to
missing firmware. The radeon driver itself is free, but without the
firmware is useless (even for 2d, I think, at least in my machine,
which has a Radeon 9250  (R200) I don't have neither 2d, nor 3d). So, if
you want a video card which uses only free software you are left with
only one option - Intel videocards. I don't know what's the case with
the Nouveau driver, I'm not sure if it requires non-free firmware too.

I don't know about any other fully-free videocards.

Regards,
Plamen