Re: [gNewSense-users] further inane comments by me (or if you were offe

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] further inane comments by me (or if you were offended then this might help some)
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 15:44:01 -0800

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 3:26 PM, Richard <address@hidden> wrote:

> If someone have a bug and would like that some else solve it, why he
> don't give something like dukedollars, real money, for the solution
> (gnewsense could be the transactor).

I'm not sure that this would work.The gNS dev community is rather
small. This isn't to say that any one problem isn't important, it's
just also important to remember that the gNS devs already have a hard
time keeping up with everything as it is, so the time that they spend
working on your problem has to be subtracted from another place that
they might otherwise be working on.

If you need the services of a programmer, and are unable to fix a
problem yourself, there are many sites on the web where you can hire
one. Perhaps the person with the money could do that, and submit the
patches that their hired programmer produces?

Freedom bugs are most important, IMO, and this could potentially
suffer if people were instead being paid to work on other areas. Plus,
there is already something for freedom-related bugs:
http://www.gnu.org/help/gnu-bucks.html.