Re: [gNewSense-users] further inane comments by me (or if you were offen

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] further inane comments by me (or if you were offended then this might help some)
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 22:59:23 +0100

Freemor schreef:
On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 08:15:54 +1030
Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:

Contributing doesn't have to be maintaining packages - forwarding bugs
upstream and (in the case of grub specifically) helping upstream keep
their packages valid would be a great help.
kk
Can you say more about these? Or direct me to a wiki/webpage that does.
I love gNS and would like to help where I can. Other then filing bug
reports, Which feels less proactive then I'd like to be.

The best way to get into it is to watch our project pages at Savannah [1]. See if you can confirm any bugs that are not yet confirmed. See if you can solve any bugs that are already confirmed by looking upstream, talking to people who might know what's going on or tracing it yourself. Looking at some of our code in bzr might help with the latter. Hanging around on IRC in #gnewsense-dev is also useful.

[1] http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/gnewsense