Re: [gNewSense-users] iwl firmware

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] iwl firmware
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 11:31:25 -0800

On Jan 30, 2010, at 11:13 AM, Michael Stevens <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 11:11:09AM -0800, Jason Self wrote:
On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 10:54 AM, Michael Stevens <address@hidden> wrote:

a) I've cocked up my install and it's not coming from gnewsense (seems
       unlikely, but this machine did have ubuntu on before)

My machine also has these files and never had Ubuntu on it.

I'm getting increasing confidence this stuff's nonfree so I created a
bug on savannah.

I believe the Intel firmware is distributed under a "free to distribute but not modify" license.