[gNewSense-users] dvd no detected, don't play dvds or cdroms

From: Wilfredo Rivera
Subject: [gNewSense-users] dvd no detected, don't play dvds or cdroms
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 07:59:53 -0400

hI:

I have been using gNewSense for the last 3 weeks and have no complaints.
That's why I changed my two computers from Ubuntu to gNS(dual boot, but
nobody's perfect!).

I do have a request for help. My DVD which I know it works, won't play
cd's or DVD's. I have been looking at a couple of how to's but they're
old and have not been able to help. I did a Discover but can't see
anything related to DVD or CDrom for that matter.

I do recall that when first booting from the cd to install gns I had to
pass "all_generic_ide" to prompt because of the busybox prompt that
showed up before the actual install. I don't know if that had something
to do. Also, I looked into my /etc/fstab file and does not say anything
about dvd. It's like its not even there...

thanks in advance for your help.