Re: [gNewSense-users] runlevel 3 don't work

From: Richard
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] runlevel 3 don't work
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 09:56:04 +0100

Karl Goetz wrote:
On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 20:46:25 +0100
Richard <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

i would like to change the runlevel out of a terminal, but i failed so
far. I tried:

sudo telinit 3
than type my password

(telinit 6 is possible, but not 3)

Does it produce an error? you can check your runlevel with `runlevel`.

No there is no error. With runlevel it says something like:

2 3

(I am not at home now)

But everything else stays. I thought runlevel 3 mens, there is no graphic support over startx. Only the command line.
But nothing happens. I have to install my graphic card on runlevel 3.

Why? What told you to do that?
kk

The NVIDIA|Geforce readme files tells to install there rpm's without an "x grafikserver", what is the default.

By the side, some background about runlevel i have from opensuse, there it was very easy to handle these. They had even a GUI where you can enable or disable specific sources to runlevels. I would liked to use such a gui also in Gnewsense, if it is possible or to now how i could do this without a gui.

Thanks for your help in my problem.

Richard

I searched the archiv but somehow i couldn't find out my mistake. Is
the only way to get to runlevel 3, to reboot an change the default
runlevel?

Could someone say me the right command to change the runlevel.

Thanks
Richard