Re: [gNewSense-users] busybox

From: Richard
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] busybox
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 12:22:41 +0100

On Do, 2009-12-31 at 10:56 +0100, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> Richard schreef:
> >
> >> Once, I got that in a family member computer. All I had to do was disable
> >> ACPI. Maybe it will work for you.
> >
> > Thanks, but if i set APIC Mode ti Disabled i still end up with the
> > busybox. May i have to disable also something else.
>
> ACPI and APIC are two different things.

Thankou for your awnser.

In the BIOS there is:
APIC Mode = Enabled|Disabled (a comment explain: Include ACPI APIC table
pointer to RSDT pointer list

I turned to Disabled.

Also i tryed to start the installion with this options in different
combination:

noapic nolapic acpi=off irqpoll pci=noacpi pnpbios=off

But i am still getting the busybox.

I wish all a happy new year.

Richard