[gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense metad beta mipsel

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: gNewSense metad beta mipsel
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:41:28 -0500

Lars Nooden wrote:
> There was also one crash with X.  I have the logs from that.

We are working to backport a more recent X, but you might as well attach
your logs to a new ticket filed at:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=gnewsense

Do you (and others) find the current X performance acceptable for
standard netbook-type tasks (web browsing, editing, gnome-terminal etc.)?

If you don't, could you provide the output of :
zgrep CONFIG_FB_SM7XX_ACCEL /proc/config.gz
?

I've noticed a speedup myself recently which may be due to there being
some kind of acceleration in the linux framebuffer device for the
chipset in the yeeloong (in 2.6.32.1-libre-loongson at least); I wonder
if this decreases the need for a more recent backported Xorg.

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny