Re: [gNewSense-users] Is it possible to crypt something I get with wget

From: aurele
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Is it possible to crypt something I get with wget during the transfert ?
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 10:09:50 -0500

Hi Freemor & Ted,

Thanks for your responses.

Well, the answer of Freemor with the TOR solution seems good, because it
will encrypt the connection so it will encrypt all I do.

But I was looking something more strong for two reason :

        - It seems that TOR have trouble if someone made a false TOR server to
capture password and other things which pass by the false TOR server.
        - I have already install TOR, but I am really not sure that I have
configure it well.
For sure the result of the verify-config done :

:~$ tor --verify-config
Dec 01 10:03:30.096 [notice] Tor v0.2.0.34 (r18423). This is
experimental software. Do not rely on it for strong anonymity. (Running
on Linux i686)
Configuration was valid

So that's why I want to know if there is other and more simple solution
to have an always encrypted solution.

I use an OpenDNS solution to change the proxy settings, but, same things
I am not sure it works well too.

Why I am not sure of the result?
It is because when I try to know where I am, it locate me exactly.

Why I want a full encrypted solution?
To have the pleasure to feel free in a pseudo free world!

Have a happy hacking day !

-- aurele