[gNewSense-users] libgeoip1 missing => broken packages

From: Ivan Ivanov
Subject: [gNewSense-users] libgeoip1 missing => broken packages
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 18:25:00 +0200

Hallo!

I've tried to install aMule today, and became the following message:

  amule: depends on: libgeoip1 which is a virtual package.
  amule-utils: depends on: libgeoip1 which is a virtual package.

The package is missing at all:

# apt-cache search geoip
geoip-bin - IP lookup command line tools that use the GeoIP library
libapache2-mod-geoip - GeoIP support for apache2
libgeo-ip-perl - Perl bindings for GeoIP library
tclgeoip - Tcl extension implementing GeoIP lookup functions

Than I've tried to install geoip-bin and as expacted faced the same
problem:

  geoip-bin: depends on: libgeoip1 which is a virtual package.
Resolving dependencies...
Unable to resolve dependencies!  Giving up...

So I gave up too :)

There is no such topic in the forum, neither hier in the mailing list,
so I suppose, that it's a new problem.

Does any one has a clue how can I fix the issue?

Thank you very much!

Ivan