Re: [gNewSense-users] Playing Youtube videos from Totem .

From: Graziano
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Playing Youtube videos from Totem .
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 08:42:26 +0100

Jason Self ha scritto:
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 2:14 PM, Dmitry Samoyloff <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I think it's better to use free Gnash in a free OS to watch patent-
>> encumbered video file (especially outside USA and Japan), than to watch OGG
>> video using a strictly proprietary iPhone/iPod, defective by nature ;-)
>
> There are plenty of reasons to avoid the iPhone for sure, but as long
> as it's out there and people are using it giving them the ability to
> play these formats can only help the cause.
>
> On a desktop, though, why not use tinyvid.tv as Frederique W.
> Piccart       suggested? They'll end up being the same videos, but in a
> format that isn't patent-encumbered.

Could it be a good thing to remember Dailymotion's support for Ogg:

http://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/dailymotion-theora

Here is the website:

http://openvideo.dailymotion.com/

Wonderful if used together with GNU IceCat 3.5.4:

www.gnu.org/software/gnuzilla

--
Graziano Sorbaioli  |  http://sorbaioli.org

LibrePlanet Italia