[gNewSense-users] Re: Fan do not work

From: Daniel Molina
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: Fan do not work
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 18:38:59 +0100

I have no files or directories in  /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/ and my last
experience say me that I cannot obtain information about temperature in
my machine. Any other idea?

I am going to walk a bit in gNewSense for check that I really have not
got temperature info there and lose some fear... but I had got a machine
that began to have a strange behavour (permissions problems too and a
lot of more ones: TAB were a very destructive command in terminal which
closed it, problems mounting hard disks at booting time,...) and finally
it died.

>Anyway, these don't sound like heat-related problems to me but rather
>permissions or some other problem. It might be helpful if you could
>provide some context for your use of sed and what happened (i.e.,
>terminal output) from when you issued sudo halt so as to diagnose
>what might be going on.

If I do not remember badly, at the begining I was using a console
correctly and finally I cannot use it. Word "permissions" appeared in
the output and also the path of the binary. Maybe I did something for
change my permissions unintentionally.

 But I am a paranoid of noise and in other distros fan disturb me. I
sound nothing in gNewSense.

Thanks,
Daniel