[gNewSense-users] NOTE: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Progress in testing a patche

From: Bake Timmons
Subject: [gNewSense-users] NOTE: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Progress in testing a patched...
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 15:53:50 -0400

Bake Timmons <address@hidden> writes:

> --=-=-=
>
> Hi,
>
> Attached is a patch to Builder[1] that enables me to build a LiveCD
> based on a recent snapshot of Ubuntu Jaunty[2].  I installed from the
> image onto a qemu hard drive image, booted the qemu image and have
> lightly tested it in KVM with no problems so far.  Unfortunately, I have
> been on 24K dialup for many months now, so I cannot upload a CD image.
> If there is any interest in using that newer software or testing to
> improve builder, perhaps someone might upload a CD image.
>
> The patch is against svn revision 281 of Builder.

NOTE: The patch will not work for Jaunty, etc., unless some files are
added to the web server setup that the Builder docs describe.  In
particular, you need to have a "linux-libre" directory in your web root
directory that contains the relevant files from the linux-libre
project[1].  E.g., the user should be able to access

http://localhost/linux-libre/deblob-{2.6.28,check,main}

Since builder will have to re-run the time-consuming deblob-main several
times, I recommend running deblob-main manually, so as to generate a
bzipped tarball.  Then uncompress, recompress with gzip, and install it
so that it can be accessed as:

http://localhost/linux-libre/linux-2.6.28-libre3.tar.gz

(Perhaps there are already such compressed tarballs that you can just
download, convert to a .gz, serve up with your web server, and have it
all work out OK.)

Finally, specify that URL in config.local like this:

LINUXLIBRE_TARBALL_URL=http://localhost/linux-libre/linux-2.6.28-libre3.tar.gz

Sorry for neglecting to mention these things before--happy hacking!

Notes
[1] http://www.fsfla.org/svnwiki/selibre/linux-libre/