Re: [gNewSense-users] Printer trouble

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Printer trouble
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:41:23 +0200

Benedikt Ahrens schreef:
Canon delivers a linux driver for this printer [1], but it's not free. I can
hence not recommend you the installation of this driver.

I haven't found any free driver for this printer, unfortunately.

ben

Your actions do not reflect your words. Why point to a piece of software if you think it's immoral to recommend it?

Instead, it would be better to explore the free options that are available (e.g. other printers) or explain what can be done to improve the current undesirable situation with this particular piece of hardware. This would help increase awareness and activism around free software and build a larger, happier community around it.