[gNewSense-users] gnewsense-volatile archive for gNewSense/metad

From: Robert Millan
Subject: [gNewSense-users] gnewsense-volatile archive for gNewSense/metad
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 17:52:40 +0200

Hi,

A gnewsense-volatile archive has been added to gNewSense/metad (the
development version of gNewSense that provides support for PowerPC and
Mipsel/Yeeloong).  It can be used with the following URI:

  deb http://archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-metad/gnewsense metad main

What is gnewsense-volatile?

Some packages aim at fast moving targets, such as spam filtering and virus
scanning, and even when using updated data patterns, they do not really work
for the full time of a stable release. The main goal of volatile is allowing
system administrators to update their systems in a nice, consistent way.

So gnewsense-volatile will only contain changes to stable programs that
are necessary to keep them functional.

--
Robert Millan