[gNewSense-users] Re: a simple task to help gnewsense

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: a simple task to help gnewsense
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 10:29:59 +0300

At Thu, 18 Jun 2009 01:31:05 +0800,
Graziano Sorbaioli wrote:
> We need your help to make a list of packages that provide GFDL docs in
> debian.

My brother Kaloian maintained such a list [1] but it's seriously out
of date (he stopped doing that after he switched to gNS, I think).

A few things that are worth mentioning:

1) Only GNU manuals have invariant sections, so it would probably be
   sufficient to check all GNU packages, or match to the list at
   http://gnu.org/manual (which is incomplete, BTW).  I could do that,
   although I'm not sure I can complete this task quickly.

2) Many manuals have removed the invariant sections recently -- partly
   upon pressure from Debian, partly because they're needed only for
   the large manuals that GNU Press publishes.  Not all of them are
   moved to Debian main, so TRT in this case would be to file a
   wishlist bug against the Debian package.

3) Some manuals are not packaged at all, like the mailutils' one.  I
   guess there's no solution here.

[1] http://doganov.org/non-debian-free/non-debian-free.html