Re: [gNewSense-users] A push for a better forum

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] A push for a better forum
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 19:16:27 +0200

Niklas Svensson a écrit :
Personally I think that our current forum isn't working so well, and lacks some very basic features. Therefore I have created something like a sketch of how our future forum could look like.

http://floatious.org/forum/

Feel free to try it out and register (perhaps not with your most super secret password that you use everywhere). I'm not saying that this is the forum that we should use, I'm just saying that we should use something that works more like this forum and less like our current forum.

I know that there exists lots of other forum software, but I'm just interested in seeing how many that would like a new forum (not what specific software you want). The reason that I've set up this forum is just so you can visualize how a new forum could look.

If enough people feel like we should replace our current forum with something else, then perhaps we could convince the leader(s) of gNewSense to officially adopt another forum.

(Just to silence Graziano, I could take the responsability to keep the software up to date, and make backups of the databases.)
For those who wish to express their opinion and suggest improvements (if any) that should be made to the forum Niklas set up, i created the http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/ForumMigration page.

Christophe
--
http://www.gnu.org - http://kokopelli.asso.fr