Gnash packaging WAS: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: I decided to abandon gNew

From: Tor at Shared Genius
Subject: Gnash packaging WAS: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: I decided to abandon gNewSense
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 23:58:57 -1000

Daniel Clark wrote:
...snip...

> On the GNU/Linux distribution level, something we could do is start
> producing packages for very recent versions of gnash, which when
> installed integrate well with all of the web browsers supported by
> gnewsense. While this would not guarantee that the sites you would like
> to watch video on would work, it would make it more likely. This would
> be a valuable and relatively self-contained project for anyone who wants
> to contribute to the gnewsense project; I would be happy to help with
> package hosting until a smooth way to include the packages in gnewsense
> proper is found.

I would consider doing this, and am working on trying the compilation.
/However,/ I don't have experience with packaging software yet, so I may
need some help to get going.  Looks like this isn't exactly the easiest
packaging job for a beginner, but I have a habit of starting off with
something useful rather than easy:)  /IF/ things go well I will probably
have something worth being looked over in a day or two.

Tor
FSF Member 6865