[gNewSense-users] gNewSense Wikipedia

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense Wikipedia
Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 23:24:01 -0400

Graziano pointed out that the gNewSense Wikipedia page may have some
unwanted edits.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gnewsense

"It tries to maintain the user-friendliness but with most non-free
software and binary blobs removed"

Instead of most, it should either say all or not.

"gNewSense takes a relatively strict stance against non-free software."

It used to say "gNewSense takes a very strict stance". Someone maybe
referring to that the Debian comparison says that Debian does not
consider GFDL with invariant text free, but gNewSense includes it.
Whether that is considered non-free is Debian's opinion and should not
be applied to the world.

There is a section called "Limitations", which may hint that removing
blobs for the sake of freedom is less satisfactory.

PS: this is my third time sending this. The previous two times, I was
not exactly subscribed to this list. I instead used an alias. I know
silly of me.

Thanks.
--
Nicodemo