Re: [gNewSense-users] Unrar files through "Archive manager": possible?

From: Luis A. Guzman Garcia
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Unrar files through "Archive manager": possible?
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 15:37:48 -0500

El mar, 12-05-2009 a las 00:14 +0800, Umarzuki Mochlis escribió:

> 2009/5/11 Javier Garcia <address@hidden>
>         hi,
>
>         I installed a package to unrar files that i found in Synaptic,
>         but when i try to unrar a .rar file with the "Archive manager"
>         it says it didn't support rar files.
>
>         So, is not possible to unrar with the "Archive manager"? How
>         do you unrar? with the terminal?
>
>         Bye
>
> I don't know if unrar is a non-free program or not but if it is, you
> have to enable multiverse repo, if I'm not mistaken and install unrar

There are 2 versions of unrar the free one and the non-free.

gNewSense install the free one, we found that it didn't link the
installed package with the "Archive Manager" (Roller i suppose).

Javier,
Please try this:
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/unrar-free /usr/bin/unrar

Source: http://wiki.gnewsense.org/ForumMain/File-rollerAndUnrar-free