[gNewSense-users] is linux-libre .deb really free?

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: [gNewSense-users] is linux-libre .deb really free?
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 11:18:54 -0500

2009/5/3 Thomas Wawra <address@hidden>
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Wireless Lan Adapter Atheros

Hello,

I found a solution through the gNewsense forum:

Just follow the link mentioned here
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/ForumMain/AtherosWirelessProblem

sent by
Davo_Dinkum — 10 November 2008, 06:31

http://aligunduz.org/gNewSense/

Download
http://aligunduz.org/gNewSense/freedomshoppe/linux-image-2.6.29.1-libre-fshoppe2_i386.deb

and
http://aligunduz.org/gNewSense/freedomshoppe/linux-headers-2.6.29.1-libre-fshoppe2_i386.deb

install it and restart.

For me it works fine.

@gnewsense developers: is this kernel really free?

I had the same question some time ago. It is based on linux-libre sources, which are the same ones gNewSense uses but they are a little newer.

--
Saludos/Greetings
Quiliro Ordóñez