[gNewSense-users] Free Version of Front Page? and...

From: Patrick DeBoard
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Free Version of Front Page? and...
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 19:16:05 -0400

... how can i get my web page to show up in searches?

I want to write about power walking, because I think it will be helpful to people who want to do it. I don't believe I've ever seen anyone doing it properly, and my detailed description of what-to-look-for will be helpful. I have some background in the body sciences.

I've used FrontPage to build my website for a business I had. It was simple, but it worked. Is there something free that is similar to FP? I need a total graphical interface if possible, because I'm a technomoron. Also, is there a way for the page url to come up in google searches? Like, near the top?

I tried to post this to the forum, but couldn't get the new topic window to appear after I entered the topic title. It used to appear at the bottom. I would click on the text "Create A New Topic" inside the box, and the text would disappear. Then I would type in the title, ie, "Free Version of Front Page? and ...", hit enter, or click on Go, and voila!, there would appear the place to type the text of my topic. I'm using icecat now. (It's SO much faster than Firefox! I had no idea.) I couldn't get the box to appear with FF, either. So, I'm using this list. Sorry!

So, to summarize, I need two things:
1.  A free program to build a website, with a GUI.
2.  Information on how to get a website to show up in searches.

Thanks!
Patrick