Re: [gNewSense-users] Netflix movies, ActiveX

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Netflix movies, ActiveX
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 22:04:44 +0100

Patrick DeBoard schreef:
Graziano Sorbaioli wrote:
A suggestion for all.

QUOTING PLEASE!

When you send an email please DELETE the text not useful to understand
your answer.
Please follow the netiquette.
It's a pain to scroll pages of email to read ONE line of answer.
Like this?  Sorry, i'm a retired contractor, a technodum bass.

I mean, a technodumbass. I'm trying though! I played in the wiki sandbox. my stuff is at the bottom, starting with something about typing in paragraphs. See? dumb but sincere. :)

Exactly like that! See, you're not dumb, just unexperienced. If you want to know more about being a nice guy in cyberspace, you can skim through the core rules at this netiquette guide [1].

By the way, it's great that you've decided to not give in to Netflix (and Microsoft). It may be a bit painful at first (as you seem to be a bit of a movie fan), but it's the right decision. If you think Netflix should change their policy you can help make that happen by letting them know why you stopped using their services. If you make them aware of what you think is important it will become important to them to. And tell your family and friends about your decision.

I would like to think that you'll spend all that extra time that you've gained know on helping gNewSense. :) But if you need a break once in a while, there are some good (legal) sources of free video material, like archive.org [2]. It has all kinds of videos, including filmed presentations at free software conferences (educational!). And have you seen Elephants Dream [3] and Big Buck Bunny [4] yet?

[1] http://www.albion.com/netiquette/
[2] http://www.archive.org/details/movies
[3] http://orange.blender.org/
[4] http://www.bigbuckbunny.org/