Re: [gNewSense-users] I want to help improve the website

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] I want to help improve the website
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:53:52 +1030

On Mon, 16 Mar 2009 15:42:02 +1030
Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:33:14 +0100
> address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Hi Luis,
>
> Hi both,
> (I've moved pitof's post to the bottom).
>

> > > Another thing I think is important is that the pages should follow
> > > the W3C recommendations for markup (XHTML) and style (CSS).
> > > Currently, some of (or all?)
> > > the pages of the website don't validate:
> > >
> > > http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.gnewsense.org%2F&charset=(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0<http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwiki.gnewsense.org%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0>
> > >
> > > I'd like to hear What you think about my proposal.
>
> I see no good reason for us to try and make pmwiki produce valid
> markup.

After saying that, I wondered how much work it would be to get us
validating. Turns out the errors we have seem to be largely from the
skin itself.

4 of them are the skin being stupid, so they are now fixed.

If you want to work out a fix for the last one, I'm happy to provide
you with the skin in a tar.

So while I don't take back my comment I'll add a proviso - "Its not our
job to make it produce valid markup, but we may as well aim for it if
its easy" ;)

kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)