[gNewSense-users] [Fwd: Seattle area activists, help represent Defective

From: Graziano Sorbaioli
Subject: [gNewSense-users] [Fwd: Seattle area activists, help represent Defective By Design on March 25th]
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 12:38:17 +0100

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Seattle area activists, help represent Defective By Design on March 25th Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:06:16 -0400
 DefectiveByDesign.org DefectiveByDesign.org DefectiveByDesign.org
## Take Action

  * Seattle, Wednesday, March 25th: Represent Defective By Design at the
    Federal Trade Commission Town Hall Meeting on DRM and ask the right
    questions: <http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/workshops/drm/index.shtml>

  * Not near Seattle? Stay tuned for action coming on the Amazon Kindle 2... In
    the meantime, add the Defective By Design tags to it at

<http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons-Wireless-Reading-Generation/dp/B00154JDAI>.

The Federal Trade Commission is hosting a Town Hall event along with the Public
Policy Clinic at the University of Washington School of Law to discuss what
they are unfortunately calling "Digital Rights Management." It would have been
better if they had used the more accurate name -- Digital Restrictions
Management -- but it is nonetheless an important chance for you to speak out
against technology that infringes on our fundamental freedoms.

Our application to be included as a panelist at the event was rejected.
Fortunately, there will be good people from other organizations who get it,
like the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Public Knowledge -- but we need you
there to support them and to make sure the voice of the Defective By Design
campaign is heard.

Please let us know that you will be attending at <address@hidden>.
Our goal is to make sure the tough questions get asked of people representing
the MPAA and other DRM pushers, and to distribute handouts about DRM and
Defective By Design to people attending the meeting. We'd also love to post any
pictures and blog entries from the event afterward at defectivebydesign.org!

In solidarity,
Peter, John, Matt and the DRM Elimination Crew
Manage your account settings at http://www.DefectiveByDesign.org/user
Stop email from this list, but still allow us to contact you occasionally:
address@hidden
Stop receiving all emails from DefectiveByDesign.org: address@hidden

DefectiveByDesign.org is a project of the Free Software Foundation
Fifty One Franklin Street, Fifth Floor
Boston, 02110

--- End Message ---