Re: [gNewSense-users] transl

From: christophe . jarry
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] transl
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 14:40:51 +0100

Hi all,

As some of us are interested to translate the gNS site in russian, i think we should considerate moving to the 2.2 version of PmWiki, as "[...] the 2.2.x versions of PmWiki have much better Unicode support for more than a year now. It is highly recommended to use a recent stable for an international UTF-8 wiki." [1] ("[The gNS] site is running pmwiki-2.1.27 version" [2]).

If we want our website to be translated in such languages as russian, chinese, japanese, korean, arabic, etc, we have to move to unicode support because edition without it is a real headache, see [3] and [4] for an easy explanation of what i mean.

Christophe

[1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UTF-8
[2] http://www.gnewsense.org/index.php?n=PmWiki.PmWiki
[3] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main:ru/HomePage?action=source