Re: Naming of wiki pages (was Re: [gNewSense-users]Mirrors, Installation

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: Naming of wiki pages (was Re: [gNewSense-users]Mirrors, Installation docu)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 20:23:50 +1030

On Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:51:34 +0100
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Benedikt Ahrens schreef:
> > On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Sam Geeraerts
> > <address@hidden> wrote:
> >>>
> >> Makes sense. It makes URLs shorter and less redundant.
> >> Diversifying could be done by extending the URL (e.g.
> >> InstallingDeltah) or with subfolders (e.g. Installing/Deltah).
> >>
> >> So I guess the GNewSenseToMIPS page should rather be MIPS or
> >> MIPSProject (or MipsProject)?
> >
> > Is this a discussion about a guideline for future wiki pages or
> > about renaming of existing pages ?
> > ben
> >

> More for future pages, I'd say. But if it's not too 'expensive' to
> change a page name (not many internal/external links to it) we can
> consider changing it.

I have the following links from some time in the past (probably when we
talked about getting organised with the wiki).

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/RenamePage
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/WikiRefactoring

> Hm, looks like we can get a list of pages [1] with the word gnewsense
> in it. Helpful in finding out how many "offending" pages we have. I
> wonder if that's case insensitive.
>
> [1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageLists

I have some variations of this in my profile page (Profile/Kgoetz), but
not enabled atm.

Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
Debian user / gNewSense contributor
http://www.kgoetz.id.au