Re: Naming of wiki pages (was Re: [gNewSense-users]Mirrors, Installation

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: Naming of wiki pages (was Re: [gNewSense-users]Mirrors, Installation docu)
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:51:34 +0100

Benedikt Ahrens schreef:
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 10:55 PM, Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:
Karl Goetz schreef:
Personally, I find it silly to say 'GNewSense' in our wiki names: its
under gnewsense.org. Why make urls harder by repeating stuff thats
already known?

Makes sense. It makes URLs shorter and less redundant. Diversifying could be
done by extending the URL (e.g. InstallingDeltah) or with subfolders (e.g.
Installing/Deltah).

So I guess the GNewSenseToMIPS page should rather be MIPS or MIPSProject (or
MipsProject)?

Is this a discussion about a guideline for future wiki pages or about
renaming of existing pages ?
ben

More for future pages, I'd say. But if it's not too 'expensive' to change a page name (not many internal/external links to it) we can consider changing it.

Hm, looks like we can get a list of pages [1] with the word gnewsense in it. Helpful in finding out how many "offending" pages we have. I wonder if that's case insensitive.

[1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageLists