Language on the website (was: Re: [gNewSense-users] Website skin updated

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Language on the website (was: Re: [gNewSense-users] Website skin updated)
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 10:43:04 +1030

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 14:48:54 -0500
Auto Generate <address@hidden> wrote:

> my problem, and i think i may be speaking for most of the world, who
> are NOT geeks, is that the language is still unapproachable.  I

No wording was changed, so that's not really a surprise.

> started reading, and I thought, what the f...  Now, I'm assuming
> (always dangerous to assume) that you guys want this software to be
> used by everybody.  Is that wrong? When i say "you guys", i mean the

(Speaking for myself) No, I don't want it used by everyone. I want it
used by people who want to use it, and want to contribute back to it.

> community, and especially the developers and workers.  It's not
> written for people like me, who have no training in computers and
> software languages.  So for me, it's inaccessible, unless i take the
> time to plug away, write an email to the users list, wait for a
> response, etc.  Because really, it's all Greek to me.

eg? Its worth knowing you have trouble, but specific examples is the
only way to start a useful discussion about it. (Especially if it means
you and someone can go to the wiki and improve it).

> I mean all this in a spirit of constructive criticism.

Taken as such, lets talk about it :)
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)