[gNewSense-users] [Fwd: [FSF] ESP: Looking at Microsoft's FAT patents th

From: Graziano Sorbaioli
Subject: [gNewSense-users] [Fwd: [FSF] ESP: Looking at Microsoft's FAT patents through Bilski glasses]
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 00:04:12 +0100

--- Begin Message --- Subject: [FSF] ESP: Looking at Microsoft's FAT patents through Bilski glasses Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:09:59 +0000 User-agent: Gnus/5.11 (Gnus v5.11) Emacs/22.2 (gnu/linux)
Looking at Microsoft's FAT patents through Bilski glasses

http://endsoftpatents.org/looking-at-microsoft-s-fat-patents-through-bilski-glasses/

Yesterday, Microsoft attacked free software and GNU/Linux users with
software patent claims against the TomTom Navigator and its
implementation of the FAT file system. But do they have a sword or a wet
rag?

With widespread support for GNU/Linux becoming a reality, are these
patent claims an attempt to chill adoption? If so, then we need to make
sure everyone knows about Bilski. Please read this story and use digg to
help raise awareness:

http://digg.com/linux_unix/Looking_at_Microsoft_s_FAT_patents_through_Bilski_glasses_2

Sign-up or ask friends to join our End Software Patents mailing list to
get these alerts:

Thanks

Ciaran O'Riordan
Director End Software Patents