Re: [gNewSense-users] email

From: Ted Smith
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] email
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 23:06:23 -0500

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 09:54 -0500, Patrick DeBoard wrote:
> can somebody tell me what's a safe email place?  I use Gmail from
> google, and since i've started using gNewSense, my emails are being
> plastered all over the freakin internet.  thanks.

That is certainly not the case, as (unless there is a backdoor in
whatever client you started using with gNewSense) Google is totally
agnostic to your client and your changes will have no effect on them.

All email servers are equally untrustworthy, unless you run your own
server, or know a close friend who does. Encrypt everything.