[gNewSense-users] A new language team for malayalam.

From: Shyam | ശ്യാം ക ാരനാട്ട് | Karanattu
Subject: [gNewSense-users] A new language team for malayalam.
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 08:00:08 +0530

Hi,
Now that we have, some language teams around, I was thinking of starting
it for my native language too. As per the guidance from irc channel, I have
started some work, But I am facing some difficulties..

I tried creating a list of pages at
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main:ml/MalayalamWWW
and displays the unicode characters all properly. But when i opt for
edit, all unicode content are replaced with their number codes. Seems to
be a bug in pmwiki or may be some mistake from my part .
Is it about enabling utf-8 on the wiki? #pmwiki guys were saying that.

Also it seems, Pmwiki can't handle unicode in url, it seems to strip of
unicode characters. But thats ok, as seen on the other translations i
would append :ml for the sections and use the same english page title.

Now i have some authentication problem that i can't edit
http://www.gnewsense.org/Audio:ml/Pronounce  it says,

"Hmm, you're already logged in - you might not have the required
permissions for this action."

We have a good group of people actively participating in localisation
projects of gnome,kde, debian, fedora and gnu.org site localisation of
our language, . So as the news about the team gets announced, there
would be more people working on this.

Thanks
Shyam K