Re: [gNewSense-users] If GLX is free how do I re-install it?

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] If GLX is free how do I re-install it?
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:56:43 +1030 (CST)

On Thu, January 29, 2009 05:12, Brian Kemp wrote:
> If GLX is free, how would I go about re-enabling it in gNS, or have
> the packages not been updated yet?

AFAIK the packages are not updated yet.
If someone wants to do a code audit of the glx/mesa packages and confirm
the files are free, I'm sure it can happen faster.
I forget the specifics (the Launchpad bug has more details), but IIRC any
files commited/updated as of Sept 2006 are counted as free - before that
they may be, but we'd have to check the copyright status ourselves.

> I've got a spare box that I'll happily fdisk format reinstall (doo
> dah, doo dah) for the pleasure of fully free +  wobbly windows and
> other acceleration happies.

You'll need to rebuild the relevant packages to re-enable it.

http://www.kgoetz.id.au