[gNewSense-users] Palm needed 2 non-free(it's likely this is the case) k

From: Niklas Cholmkvist
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Palm needed 2 non-free(it's likely this is the case) kernel modules
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 23:17:32 +0200

I have Palm Z22 PDA(personal digital assistant). I had it set up on
Ubuntu and I didn't need to install any kernel modules for it to work,
just the pilot-link and jpilot packages and then change various
settings a bit.

The 2 modules I had were: 1) "USB to serial converter" and 2)
"visor/PalmOS driver"(driver? Not module?).
I don't know if these are non-free but I think it's likely since I
didn't see them enabled.

nicalvaro told me that I could use the package opensync-plugin-palm,
and that I could use various commands. (I know little of the ones he's
using currently)

I'm not sure if anyone has managed to sync their palm, (or if you by
any chance have the Z22 model). If you have done it (or know it to be
100% possible in your case) it will give me hope.