Re: [gNewSense-users] Launchpad to be released under GNU AGPLv3

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Launchpad to be released under GNU AGPLv3
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:23:56 -0500

2009/1/18 Daniel Nathan Booy <address@hidden>
       That would be great but it would not "help Ubuntu become a more
       full member of the free software community". How would it do
       that?

By making it depend _less_ on proprietary software than it presently
does, Ubuntu becomes _more_ free.

Seems fairly straightforward, wouldn't you say?

I would say it is a very small step. I don't think their ideals have changed. It wouldn't matter what they would do if the direction they would head would be freedom. The direction they head is functionality. This could swerve them to any side upon convinience and not freedom. Convinience is what has moved them towards the liberation of Launchpad. Convinience could move them towards the creation of more privative software.

--
Saludos/Greetings
Quiliro Ordóñez