Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: builder-ng

From: Danny Clark
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: builder-ng
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2009 08:32:11 -0500

Karl Goetz wrote:
On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:31:14 -0500
Daniel Clark <address@hidden> wrote:

Karl Goetz wrote:
On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 15:25:59 +0100
Robert Millan <rmh-pC/address@hidden> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 07:06:26PM +1030, Karl Goetz wrote:
Is there anyone in the project who is really familiar with
release engineering, or who has deep experience with the
distribution build tools user by other GNU/Linux distributions?

'Fraid not, but I did do some reading about Debian buildds (and
continue to) when I last started thinking about a builder-ng.
I'm experienced with the buildd system.  If in the long term we
want to have everything rebuilt, I can assist on setting things up.
This is my preference (and partly how i envisage an -ng version of
builder).
kk
URL for buildd? (I can just web search when I get off the subway, but
when cc:ing rms it's useful to include URLs because he is usually
disconnected and sends mail to get URLs)

Well...
The links I have with me follow, but wanna-build and sbuild are the
main bits of a 'proper' buildd.

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/intrepid/en/man1/wanna-build.1.html
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/intrepid/man1/sbuild.1.html

http://nion.modprobe.de/blog/archives/539-Setting-up-build-chroots-on-Debian.html

http://www.pseudorandom.co.uk/2008/sbuild-dm/

https://wiki.edubuntu.org/ArchitectureBootstrapping

https://alioth.debian.org/projects/buildd-tools/

There's probably better links for all these, i just had them handy
kk

Thanks - replying mostly because it looks like this didn't make it to this thread on gnewsense-users.