Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: RFC: New gnewsense mailing lists?

From: Karl Goetz
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 20:33:43 +1030

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 09:24:11 -0500
Daniel Clark <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tony Ferris wrote:
> > Danny Clark wrote:
> >> On IRC discussion there seemed to be general consensus that
> >> gNewSense was ready for a gnewsense-dev mailing list, since a lot
> >> of the gnewsense-users traffic is starting to be actually
> >> user-oriented (yay users!).
> >>

> > There would be a lot more traffic from new users if Gnewsense had a
> > proper online forum. Many won't have heard of, or even understand
> > how mailing lists work. Pmwiki is slow, unwieldy and plain
> > unattractive when used as a forum.
>
> 100% agreement from me personally. I think there is another thread
> where I suggest using mail2forum (m2f) to provide a web interface to
> the mailing lists - if people like this idea I can see if I can set
> it up, and if people want to help out with this please tell me.

I've not seen this software in action, but if it works in a reasonably
sane way I wouldnt object to much (reasonably sane includes things
like not filling each email with html junk, or silly quoting or top
posting. those usual things).

Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
Debian user / gNewSense contributor
http://www.kgoetz.id.au