Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Make MIPS gNewSense from Debian packages

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Make MIPS gNewSense from Debian packages
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 21:04:16 +0100

Daniel Clark wrote:
Koh Choon Lin wrote:
I'm not going to try to tell the devs which to choose.  However, I will
say that when I was a GNU/Linux newbie, I tried Debian before Ubuntu
with less than successful results.  Since then, I think Debian has
become more newbie-friendly, though (e.g. adding a graphical installer).
How would the issue of deciding the starting platform be settled?
Debian-way a la by voting?

We probably need to formalize how decisions like this are made - I'd be
fine with just copying Debian's way of doing it, with perhaps veto power
for the FSF campaigns team (rms/mattl/peterb/johns - not me) so no
changes could ever be made that would cause gNewSense to become non-FSF
approved.

Is Debian's way of doing it: every Debian Developer gets a vote? Then what would the criteria for getting a vote in the gNewSense community be?