Re: [gNewSense-users] RFC: New gnewsense mailing lists

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 00:11:38 +0000

Koh Choon Lin wrote:
Gmane/m2f: don't know much about it, but it can hardly be worse than
the current forums. I thought a separate forum application was too
much hassle?
It is at the moment, but if the webteam manages to get going it might
become a bearable load.

Any possibilities of linking mailing list and forum together together
as Ubuntu had done, ie. whatever emailed in a list is posted as a
thread/reply?

not at this time - and this time will be a long time

basic reasons

1) the issues of linkage
2) the size of teams
3) the level of skill required to match them up
4) we have not moved current tools at this time and won't until there are more skilled people helping the web guys

P.