Re: [gNewSense-users] RFC: New gnewsense mailing lists?

From: Tony Ferris
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 08:46:24 +0000

Danny Clark wrote:
On IRC discussion there seemed to be general consensus that gNewSense
was ready for a gnewsense-dev mailing list, since a lot of the
gnewsense-users traffic is starting to be actually user-oriented (yay
users!).

There would be a lot more traffic from new users if Gnewsense had a proper online forum. Many won't have heard of, or even understand how mailing lists work. Pmwiki is slow, unwieldy and plain unattractive when used as a forum.

I know this has been discussed before but I really think this is important in the creation of a Gnewsense community of users.

--
Regards,

Tony Ferris
Gnu/Linux user