[gNewSense-users] builder-ng (was: Re: GNewSenseToMIPS: situation and pe

From: Danny Clark
Subject: [gNewSense-users] builder-ng (was: Re: GNewSenseToMIPS: situation and perspectives)
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 17:15:46 -0500

address@hidden wrote:
> Our team members will try to find out if the existing Builder tool, used for
> the
> creation of a new GNU/Linux distribution based on Ubuntu may be reused &
> adapted
> for our project. One team member has some experience with Builder. Another
> team
> member has already ported Gentoo on the Lemote hardware and his experience
> will
> certainly be useful.

It might be useful to start a "builder next gen" discussion thread as
well - the current builder while very useful and appreciated is not the
easiest thing in the world to work with.

If you have used builder and either gotten it to work or given up, it
would be useful to hear from you. I'll try to post my experiances with
it later. State here is "working - mostly I think".

Is there anyone in the project who is really familiar with release
engineering, or who has deep experience with the distribution build
tools user by other GNU/Linux distributions?

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny