Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense's 'afio' is non-free?

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] gNewSense's 'afio' is non-free?
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:46:49 +0000

Matthew Reath wrote:
I agree on this one.  gNewSense is and should be 100% free. Thats the entire
point of the distribution. Once its no longer 100% free for any reason we
might as well be using Ubuntu, they would essentially be the same.

So I'm in agreement that this package should be removed until it can be
clarified whether its free or non-free.

-Matt

the package was - has been - is no more

it was removed the other day - non free software is taken very very seriously

it may take a day or two to react but it will not last long

P.